To ensure that your e-step remains in the right condition, it naturally needs the right maintenance. But what kind of maintenance and how should it be done exactly? We explain that in this blog.
Why do you have to carry out maintenance on an e-step?
Maintenance tips for your electric scooter
- Charge it regularly (not less than 10% and at least 50%).
- Check the tire pressure
- Avoid driving in the rain or snow as much as possible.
- Check the bolts and screws.
- Keep the scooter clean.
What you will have to deal with the most in the field of maintenance of an electric scooter is the care of the battery. Incorrect use and bad charging habits can significantly shorten the life of the battery. We explain how you can get the full power and life from the battery.
Use the official charger, an unofficial charger can damage the battery. So don't save on the charger because cheap can be expensive.
Leave the battery not drain completely, for a longer battery life, we recommend that you never let the battery run down completely. Always try to keep the battery above 10% (ideally above 50%).
Do not charge the battery longer than necessary, maintains the charging time specified by the manufacturer. Exceeding this charging time may result in overheating of the battery.
Charge the battery before storing the scooter for a longer period of time, zMake sure the battery is charged at least 50% before you put it away. The manufacturers themselves recommend charging the battery at least once every 30 days during long periods of inactivity.
Avoid extreme temperatures, the batteries in the e-scooters do not respond well to extreme heat or cold. These temperatures strain the battery and prevent it from charging efficiently.
- Your speed is not optimal.
- Less rolling resistance.
- Your battery runs out faster.
- Unnecessary costs for new tires.
- Greater chance of damaging the rims.
- Steering can become more dangerous.
- Chance of an uncomfortable ride.
- Unnecessary costs for new tyres.
- Risk of a tear occurring in the tire while driving
Rain and snow
The bolts and screws